Effective as of 2/15/2022
This Policy applies to information collected through the Sites and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any other companies with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with our dealership, please review their respective privacy policies.
Products and services offered by our dealership are directed only to individuals who are citizens of the United States of America (excluding unincorporated territories, Puerto Rico and Guam), eighteen (18) years of age or older, and who have the capacity to enter into a valid contract. If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
Information We Collect
Information may be gathered from the Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you use any interactive portions of the Sites or:
· register for one or more of our products or services (this information may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, and email address);
· make information available to us via social networking platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter;
· participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
· subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback;
· participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions;
· order or pay for products or services through our online services or in one of our dealerships, such as name, billing address and payment card details (such as payment card number, expiration date and security code);
· apply for financing at our dealerships or through our online services (such as social security number, date of birth and salary information); or
· test drive a car, buy a car from one of our dealerships, have a car appraised or sell a car to one of our stores (including but not limited to driver’s license number and insurance information).
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. Information that is collected automatically may include but is not limited to:
· the IP address, the type of browser and operating system used by the device you used to access the Sites;
· the date and time you access the Sites and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
· email(s) you open and links you click on within those email(s); and
· your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld, mobile or other device that you used.
Data Technologies. Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as "Data Technologies"). "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the Sites and other websites not affiliated with our dealership and mobile applications (that may not be the Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a telephone number for customer service related reasons. If you call us we may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
Videos We may target and track the videos and other content you access on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Sites or third party social media as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information. When you download or use the Sites, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device ("Location Information"). We collect Location Information only with your permission (e.g., such as when you consent to provide it to us by accessing or downloading the Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and directions. If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with applicable law. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through our affiliates and other sources, and also with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
· for everyday business purposes such as establishing and managing any account you may have with us, providing products, services and information you request, and providing customer support;
· to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
· to communicate about and administer your participation in special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
· to provide values and/or offers for vehicles that you would like to sell or trade in;
· to enable you to interact with our dealership and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
· to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
· to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
· to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
· to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Sites and on other websites and applications;
· to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
· to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. We may engage with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the Sites and on third-parties’ websites and mobile applications. This process allows our dealership and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide personal information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement, but we may provide automated information, such as your IP address. When you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement or other assumptions.
If you have chosen to enable Google to associate your web and app browsing history with your Google account, and to use information from your Google account to personalize ads you see across the web, Google may use data it has otherwise collected about you together with our dealership’s analytics data about your visit to our website to build and define audience lists for cross-device remarketing. In order to support this feature, Google Analytics may collect your Google-authenticated identifiers and join them to our dealership’s data about your visit to the Site.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on the Sites to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon in or around third-party advertisements on the Sites that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.ghosteryenterprise.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Information We Share
Our dealership considers the information you choose to share with us personal and confidential. We do not rent or sell or otherwise share your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to or with third parties without your permission, except as may be required by law or as otherwise described in this Policy, including but not limited to the following:
· We may share information about you with our corporate affiliates, who may use it in accordance with their privacy policies.
· We may provide your information to third-party service providers (subject to confidentiality restrictions) that perform services to us or on our behalf, to vehicle manufacturers or their respective captive finance companies and to payment processors and applicable credit card issuers.
· If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
· We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to: protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of our dealership and our affiliates; protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Sites or members of the public; protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
· You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
· If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
· If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the "Advertising Networks" section above.
· You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or opting out at www.ghosteryenterprise.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call us.
· To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and understand how to manage, delete and block them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternately, it is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
· To opt out from and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics across all websites, check out the following instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the Sites, you can access that account to update certain information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Accessing Our Web Sites from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Site from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Despite all the security measures taken, the internet is not a 100% secure environment. Our dealership does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to our website. We do not and cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf, or that the physical, technical, or managerial safeguards maintained by us or our third party service partners will never fail or be breached.
Security and Applying for Financing
When applying for motor vehicle financing (whether a loan or a lease) on the Sites, your credit application is sent directly to the dealership that you have chosen. The credit application is securely collected and transmitted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts your personal information as it travels over the Internet.
Privacy and Applying for Financing
At our dealership, we take your privacy very seriously. We know that information about you and your finances is sensitive. Only authorized and qualified personnel at our dealership have access to any credit application you may submit. We may ask you for your contact information, such as name, address, phone, and email address; your financial information, such as monthly income, amount of debt, monthly rent or housing payment; and sensitive information such as date of birth and social security number.
By submitting your credit application, you are giving consent to our dealership to investigate your credit and employment history. A credit report may be obtained in connection with your application for a renewal or extension of credit for which application was made. Upon request, you will be told if a credit report(s) was/were obtained, and given the name and address of the credit reporting agency(ies) providing the report(s). Your credit information may be shared with third party lending institutions that have a business relationship with the applicable dealership for the purpose of providing motor vehicle financing. In the event that you have any questions or concerns regarding your credit application, please contact the dealership and ask for the Internet Sales Manager.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Policy. In cases where we deem it appropriate, we may provide notice of changes that we deem material before we implement those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact
West Coast Auto Gallery
8685 Miralani Dr.
San Diego, CA 92126
Your California Privacy Rights
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained herein and applies solely to consumers who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section above.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Policy, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
You have the right to request that we discontinue selling any of the personal information that we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may exercise your access, data portability, and deletion rights described above by either: